Gerfred works clinically at Careworx Clinic (www.careworx.nl) in Velsen Zuid, The Netherland. He’s an experienced lecturer on several topics, and the BFR is the main topic since 2016, visiting UK, Poland, Germany, and of course in the Netherlands.
Gerfred is a Dutch specialist in Sports Medicine related therapies and current General Manager at Careworx, Velsen Zuid, The Netherlands. He gained his advanced M.Sc. degree in physiotherapy in 1997 from the University of Leuven, Belgium in three years next to his clinical work.
Over the last 25 years Gerfred has been teaching several topics (Functional Capacity Evaluation, Ultrasound Imaging, Strength & Conditioning, and BFR lectures and courses) in Europe and North America.
Along his carrier Gerfred covered the role of
- Head of Physiotherapy in first division soccer SC Telstar
- Head of Physiotherapy of the National Speed Skating Union with the National Men Speed Skating team on World cups, European- and World Championships
- Sports Physiotherapist traveling with the Dutch Olympic Committee and responsible at the Olympic Games Albertville 1992 & Lillehammer 1994,
- Sports Physiotherapist at the Summer Games in Barcelona (Spain) with the National Volleyball team
- Consultant in Sports Rehabilitation for Ajax, Amsterdam (Dutch Major Soccer League)
- Sports Physiotherapist at the First commercial Speedskating team “Sanex” build up around World Champion Rintje Ritsma on the road to the Olympics in Nagano 1998
- Sports Physiotherapist with the National Beach Soccer Association for the Dutch National team
He then provided services and consultation around musculoskeletal rehabilitation for international athletes in several individual and team-sports like athletics, boxing and cycling.
Gerfred served as Visiting Professor at the Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond (Virginia, USA) in 2002-2006.
Through 4 years he has developed an Evidence-Based BFR course based on the state-of-the-art references and added his clinical experience. The starting goal is always an active patient approach and therapy and an early safe start after surgery.
Gerfred is the first Owner at Ione2Move together with Ad Donkerlo since 2018, where they joined each other’s knowledge and combined network to implement the BFR knowledge in the Netherlands. Ione2Move works with several Universities in the Netherlands and is still expanding to nearby countries. At Careworx he is General Manager and co-Owner with Arjen Haringa since 2009 where he started an innovative clinic with a multidisciplinary approach in healthcare.
Gerfred travels widely while still working clinically with patients at Careworx. The clinical work is the basis for developing BFR in musculoskeletal problems and future fields, theoretically and scientifically.