Dr. Cook is a clinical researcher, physical therapist, and profession advocate with a history of clinical care excellence and service. His passions include refining and improving the patient examination process and validating tools used in day-to-day physical therapist practice.
Dr. Cook has authored or co-authored numerous textbooks, has published over 200 peer-reviewed manuscripts, and lectures internationally on orthopedic examination and treatment.
- Certificate, Chronic Pain Management, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, 2015 – present
- PhD, Consumer Economics, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, 2003
- MBA, Global Management, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona, 1999
- BS, Physical Therapy, Maryville University, St. Louis, Missouri, 1990
- The Musculoskeletal Series
- Health Policy and Management Courses
- Evidence Based Practice Series
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists; has specialized in manual therapy for over 18 years.
- Primarily interested in examination and conservative or surgical treatment of orthopedic-related conditions.
- Senior Associate Editor for the British Journal of Sports Medicine
- Special Topics Editor for the Journal of Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy
- Treasurer of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists
Awards and honors
- Dorothy E. Baethke—Eleanor J. Carlin Award for Excellence in Academic Teaching, 2009
- Williams Evans Research Fellow, University of Otago, 2012
- University of Newcastle, Australia, Research Fellow, 2015
- AAOMPT/Dick Erhard Excellence in Research Award. First author in 2011 (co-author in 2012 and 2013)
- Jan Richardson, Excellence in Teaching Award-Duke University, 2006, 2007, 2010
- Helen May Bradley Career Achievement Award-Maryville University, 2007