The SHOULDER: Anatomy and Kinesiology Foundations
9:00AM - 9:30AM
9:30AM - 11:00AM
Essential Arthrology of the Shoulder: Part 1
11:00AM – 11:15AM
11:15AM – 1:00PM
Essential Arthrology of the Shoulder: Part 2 - Seven Kinematic Principles of Shoulder Abduction
1:00PM – 2:00PM
2:00PM - 3:45PM
Muscle and Joint Interaction Across the Entire Shoulder: Part 1
3:45PM – 4:00PM
4:00PM - 6:15PM
Muscle and Joint Interaction Across the Entire Shoulder: Part 2
6:15PM - 6:30PM
Q and A - Finish
Lecture description and content
This one-day course is presented by Dr. Donald A. Neumann, physiotherapist, author, scholar, and teacher. Dr. Neumann provides the foundations of muscle-and-joint kinesiology of the shoulder, based primarily from his international bestselling Kinesiology textbook: Neumann DA: Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Physical Rehabilitation, 3rd edition (Elsevier 2017 (translated in 7 languages). This material provides foundational anatomic and kinesiologic concepts that can be applied to a wide range of treatment approaches to the shoulder, from pediatrics to geriatrics, from both neurologic and orthopaedic perspectives.
Dr. Neumann’s course is presented through lecture and demonstration, enhanced by videos of joint fluoroscopy as well as videos and images of persons with specific or global muscle weakness or poor neuromuscular control of the shoulder. In addition, the presentation will show cadaver images, unique teaching models, and many original anatomic and kinesiologic illustrations. The illustrations clearly describe the anatomic and mechanical basis for ideal and abnormal movement and posturing of the shoulder complex. In addition, Dr. Neumann will describe examples of how the shoulder is able to help control movement throughout the upper extremity while in a weight-bearing position.
After this course, participants shall be able to:
- Describe the detailed structural and functional relationships of the joints of the shoulder complex.
- Describe the general structure and function of the elbow and forearm joints.
- Cite the muscular derive and normal muscular synergies that operate in the healthy shoulder.
- Describe how the shoulder operates to achieve maximal reach of the upper limb as well as a source of weight bearing stability throughout the upper limb.
- Explain the pathokinesiologic mechanics behind several orthopedic and neurologic conditions of proximal and mid upper extremity.
- Incorporate kinesiological principles to guide evaluation and treatment choices for neuro-musculoskeletal and orthopaedic pathological conditions involving the shoulder.
REGISTRATION for the course:
- Students fee* € 77,00
- Registration fee (early booking)* € 97,00 - until September, 15th 2020
- Registration fee € 122,00 - starting from September, 16th 2020
- -10% for members of our partners
*The aforementioned promo cannot be combined with the other ongoing discounts such as:
"10% discount fee for members of PARTNERS’ organizations”