INTERNATIONAL SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY CERTIFICATE
INTRODUCTION ONLINE MODULES
- Certificate Introduction - what is this program all about (1 hr) - Scientific Committee: Eamonn Delahunt (IRL), Ian Horsley (UK), Nicol Van Dyk (ZA/IRL), Eraldo Malja (ITA/ALB), Sebastiano Nutarelli (SUI/ITA)
- EBP/Evidence-Based Practice in Sports Physical Therapy Research and evidence translation into clinical practice in Sports PT & Sports Medicine (3 hrs) - Clare Ardern (AUS/SWE)
- Promoting population health through exercise and physical activity (3 hrs) - Boris Cheval (SUI/FRA)
MODULE #1 (FRI-SAT-SUN 21-23 May 2021)
- The Sports Physical Therapist professional profile at the International level - the IFSPT Sports PT Competencies and Standards & the Registration of International Sports PTs (DAY 1 - Morning ) - Andrea Piazze (ITA)
- Athlete Management in Professional Sports Settings (DAY 1 - Afternoon) - Andrea Piazze (ITA), Sebastiano Nutarelli (SUI/ITA), Eraldo Malja (ITA/ALB)
- Psychology in Sport - Management of the athletes, competitions, stress factors, injuries and up & downs during a season (DAY 2) - Lucia Bocchi (ITA)
- Sports Medicine - what it is and the factual cooperation between the Sports Physician and the Sports Physical Therapist (DAY 3) - Paolo Gola (ITA)
MODULE #2 (FRI-SAT-SUN 18-20 June 2021)
- Sports Biomechanics in MSK Clinical Practice - Screening, assessment and rehab practical interventions (DAY 1-2) - Fearghal Behan (UK), Sam Allen (UK)
- Sports Biomechanics, Human Movement Tracking & Monitoring with Technology - practice day testing different technologies helping the Sports Physical Therapists (DAY 3) - Diana Crognale (ITA), Sebastiano Nutarelli (SUI/ITA)
INTERMEDIATE ONLINE MODULES
- Load Management in Sports: Recovering from Injuries & Injuries Prevention (4 hrs) - Stephen West (CAN/UK), Jo Clubb (USA/UK)
- Anti-doping (3 hrs) - Thomas Zandonai (SPA/ITA)
MODULE #3 (FRI-SAT-SUN 10-12 September 2021)
- - Sports Injuries of the Upper Quarter (SHOULDER) Orthopaedic management, injuries risk reduction, assessment, testing, rehabilitation and RTS - Ian Horsley (UK)
MODULE #4 (FRI-SAT-SUN 22-24 October 2021)
- Sports Injuries of the Upper Quarter (ELBOW & WRIST/HAND) - Orthopaedic management, injuries risk reduction, assessment, testing, rehabilitation and RTS (DAY 1) - Ian Gatt (UK)
- Sports Injuries of the Lower Quarter (HIP & GROIN) Orthopaedic management, injuries risk reduction, assessment, testing, rehabilitation and RTS (DAY 2-3) - Andreas Serner (QAT/DEN)
MODULE #5 (FRI-SAT-SUN 3-5 December 2021)
- Sports Injuries of the Lower Quarter (KNEE) - Current evidence, decision making process after the trauma and how Orthopaedic Surgeons & Physical Therapists can factually work together (DAY 1) - Gabriele Thiebat (ITA), Sebastiano Nutarelli (SUI/ITA)
- Sports Injuries of the Lower Quarter (KNEE) - Orthopaedic management, injuries risk reduction, assessment, testing, rehabilitation and RTS (DAY 2-3) - Lee Herrington (UK), Sebastiano Nutarelli (SUI/ITA)
MODULE #6 (FRI-SAT-SUN 14-16 January 2022)
- Sports Injuries of the Lower Quarter (MUSCULAR INJURIES) (DAY 1) - Nicol Van Dyk (ZA/IRL)
- Sports Injuries of the Lower Quarter (ANKLE) - Orthopaedic management, injuries risk reduction, assessment, testing, rehabilitation and RTS (DAY 2-3) - Eamonn Delahunt (IRL)
MODULE #7 (FRI-SAT-SUN 25-27 February 2022)
MODULE #8 (FRI-SAT-SUN 1-3 April 2022)
- Sports Trauma Management - Lubas Medical Group (UK)
DESCRIPTION OF THE EDUCATIONAL PATHWAY
The “INTERNATIONAL SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY CERTIFICATE” is a post-lauream certification pathway created by NOVAVIA Project under the monitoring of a Scientific Committee composed by International Experts who share the common aim: guarantee the highest quality and most complete post-graduation CPD educational pathway ever offered in order to become a Sports Physiotherapist. It’s actually an unprecedented educational program at International Level.
The faculty includes international experts involved in a variety of professional clinical sports setting (Heads of Rehabilitation and/or Chiefs of Performance for Olympic teams, National Teams, teams playing in some of the best European Championships in different sports, Coordinators of some of the most worldwide renowned rehabilitation and training facilities), Clinical Researchers and Academic Instructors. All of them have been coordinated by the Scientific Committee to standardize and guarantee the highest standard of teaching and learning.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MODALITIES
This educational pathway is organized over a program composed by 8 teaching modules, each of them lasting 3 days on average (usually on Friday, Saturday and Sunday). All the contents have been defined in line with the best M.Sc.’s in Sports Physical Therapy offered worldwide. The most recent clinical evidences emerged from Sports Medicine scientific research are the background needed to build up a solid clinical reasoning to be applied to the different scenarios of prevention and sports rehabilitation. Each module has been planned to meet as much as possible the 11 Core Competencies & Standards of the International Federation of Sports Physical Therapists (IFSPT), a step needed in order to give to the participants the opportunity to develop and collect the required skills for the registration as International Sports Physical Therapist (RISPT).
The process of learning and teaching will be mainly focused on practical sessions with clinical reasoning, assessment, and progression of treatment, all combined with lectures, clinical cases, and group discussions. For a well-rounded understanding, the participants will be involved in the practical sessions to directly try new technologies, devices to test programs in clinical practice. During all the practical sessions the participants are constantly monitored by the instructors and the assistants they have trained. These sessions are characterised by typical Sports Physical Therapy “on field” simulated situations.
Quick decision making (what to do in the very first moments after an acute injury), allowing or not the continuation of the game of an athlete in presence of a trauma (both in training and in-game situation), team-working with the medical staff both in person and from remote, referring or not the athlete to the ER or to the Specialist with the appropriate indication, observing in the operating room while the athletes undergo surgery, developing a tight professional relationship with the surgeon and the team doctor, designing the rehabilitation program being fully aware of the trauma of the injury added to the trauma of the surgery itself and intimately knowing the performed surgical procedure and being able to answer all the questions about prognosis and recovery time that come from the athlete, team, coach and the other stake-holders. Nevertheless, injury prevention, step by step testing until the Return to Sport, Strength & Conditioning, developing understanding skills and critical thinking about the Sports Medicine scientific literature, recovery strategies in athletes, on field first aid in sports settings, Psychology of Sport and a lot of other required skills for Sports Physical Therapists.
Each topic and module will be taught by top-notch international experts in that specific field.
All the material will be printed and shared with the participant in a handbook every time for each module, as well as all the videos of the practical sessions that will be shared in an innovative format. This choice allows the participants to focus on the practicals without the hassle to record with tablets/smartphones.
All the modules will be delivered in English and consecutively translated in Italian.
An ideal instructor-participants ratio will be assured due to the presence of numerous assistants directly trained by the instructors during the practical sessions.
OBJECTIVES OF THE EDUCATIONAL PATHWAY
At the end of the “INTERNATIONAL SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY CERTIFICATE” the participants will be able to:
- assess the risks of injury associated with an athlete’s participation in a specific sport
- create and implement prevention programs for the most common injuries related to the different sports
- respond appropriately to acute injury in both training and competition contexts
- evaluate the movement, the physical and performance-related profile of the athlete before and after the injury
- use clinical reasoning and therapeutic skills to design all the rehabilitation phases for the athlete in a multidisciplinary team in a shared decision making way
- use Evidence-Based interventions recognized by the International Scientific Community (Evidence-Based Practice in Sports Rehabilitation)
- assimilate the high-level clinical expertise of the faculty of instructors
- implement Return to Sport testing
- promote an healthy lifestyle in the general population and athletes specifically
- apply critical appraisal to the scientific literature for a professional lifelong-learning and for implementing the evidence in relation to rehabilitation and return to performance in the clinical setting
- manage in a professional way the economic resources, the recovery of the athletes and the time in the sports field\
- integrate Evidence-Based Sports Physiotherapy with the most recent technological and innovative solutions for monitoring, measurement and objectivation of the rehabilitation intervention
11 CORE COMPETENCIES & STANDARDS BY IFSPT
These are the 11 Core Competencies & Standards set by the ’International Federation of Sports Physical Therapists (IFSPT), that NOVAVIA Project and the Scientific Commettee used in the development of this post-graduation certification pathway (the target has been to meet these Competencies and Standards as much as possible):
- Injury Prevention
- Acute Intervention
- Performance Enhancement
- Promotion of a Safe, Active Lifestyle
- Life-Long Learning
- Professionalism and Management
- Research Involvement
- Dissemination of Best Practice
- Extending Practice Through Innovation
- Promotion of Fair Play and Anti-Doping Practices
CERTIFICATION & BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
At the end of the educational pathway the participants will receive the NOVAVIA Project Diploma of attendance of the “INTERNATIONAL SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY CERTIFICATE”.
All the participants to the certificate will have a FREE 1-year online subscription to the Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT).
THE PROGRAM OF THIS CERTIFICATE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY
JOSPT (Journal of Sports Physical Therapy)
GIS Sport AIFI (Group of the Italian Sports Physical Therapists)
Society of Outdoor Sports & Exercise Medicine
REGISTRATION for the full “INTERNATIONAL SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY CERTIFICATE”:
- Registration fee (early booking)* €4.000 + VAT 22% - until April 2nd, 2021
- Registration fee €4.550** + VAT 22% starting from April 3rd, 2021
- -10% for members of our partners, OMPT, MSc, PhD
If you prefer paying in installments:
- Registration fee (early booking IN INSTALLMENTS)* until April 2nd, 2021: deposit of €400 + VAT 22%, 1st installment of €1.500 + VAT 22% within 20 days before the 1st module of the Certificate, 2nd installment of €1.200 + VAT 22% within 20 days before the 3rd module of the Certificate, 3rd installment of €1.000 + VAT 22% within 20 days before the 6th module of the Certificate
- Registration fee IN INSTALLMENTS* starting from April 3rd, 2021: deposit of €463,75 + VAT 22%, 1st installment of €1.700 + VAT 22% within 20 days before the 1st module of the Certificate, 2nd installment of €1.300 + VAT 22% within 20 days before the 3rd module of the Certificate, 3rd installment of €1.200 + VAT 22% within 20 days before the 6th module of the Certificate
*The aforementioned promo cannot be combined with the other ongoing discounts such as:
"10% discount fee for members of PARTNERS’ organizations”