BFR TRAINING – ACCELERATE RECOVERY / REHAB WORKSHOP
Introduction, Location Logistics, The Road map
Essential Exercise Science Concepts
What is Blood Flow Restriction (BFR)?
Primary Mechanisms of BFR
Safety, BFR Endurance, Vo2Max
Lab1 – LOP Assessment, Endurance Lab
Lab 2 – Passive BFR, Recover
BFR Hypertrophy & Strength, Muscle Damage
Lab3 – Exercise Lab
BFR Programming, Client Goals, Protocols, Nutrition
What is BFR?
Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) is a fast-growing evidence based therapy and exercise tool that helps accelerate performance and recovery in a variety of populations.
A cuff safely calibrated by technology applies pressure to the arm or leg, reducing the ability of blood to be pumped back to the heart from that limb. This increases muscle oxygen demand causing the muscles to work harder to produce a contraction.
BFR stresses the body at weights where it normally would not lead to performance adaptations.
BFR can help most people to increase muscle mass, strength and endurance using much less weight/intensity or no weight at all.
When administered by skilled providers, BFR can help in recovery of post-surgical patients, return strength to the elderly, assist athletic training and development, potentially reduce the need for knee surgery and much more.
- Increases muscle activation
- Increases aerobic capacity
- Increases strength
- Improves recovery time
- Increases hormone release, increases bone healing, decreases myostatin levels
As THE BFR PROS, it is our mission to help clinicians, fitness & performance coaches grow your business by giving the most enjoyable, unbiased Evidence-Based Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) training workshops possible. We accomplish this through our customized edutaining curriculum that includes active participation from all attendees.
Each single day workshop is divided into classroom instruction, & lab/demonstration with population specific case studies.
This 1-day workshop is for Rehab Professionals who want to specialize in BFR Training for the injured community.
Upon completion, a BFR Training Rehab Specialist Certification will be awarded.
- Discuss importance of muscle protein synthesis within the injured, post-operative, elderly and neurological populations.
- Evaluate the benefits of BFR training and its secondary mechanism as it relates to tissue healing and return to activity.
- Discuss BFR in clinical practice within injured, post-operative, elderly and neurological populations.
- Discuss case studies and design/demonstrate a BFR treatment plan of care.
- Discuss marketing and business strategies and solutions to successfully integrate BFR into practice.
REGISTRATION for the course:
- Registration fee (early booking)* € 175,00 + VAT - until April 22nd 2020
- Registration fee € 199,00 + VAT - starting from April 23rd 2020
On one-day courses, no discount is applied to members of PARTNERS’ organizations